Long time, no post!
For a few months I have taken a hiatus from review products and blogging because of health issues.
As you may know I have SUPER OILY and acne-prone skin… but one day it got so much worse. It started with me stopping birth control pills, and so I thought it was a shift of hormones… but it never stopped!
I thought I was a GURU of acne. I know everything there is, all the active ingredients, and NOTHING was stopping it… which was abnormal for me.
So I went to my doctor to ask about medications, Accutane, etc.
It turns out that I had a pretty serious health condition…
and I still need to get biopsies to determine if I need surgery. There are a NUMBER of things that can cause a hormonal imbalance like what I experienced… so if you feel like you’re fatigued, your appetite is changing, and your skin is ATTACKING you…. go to your doctor, and maybe ask about getting some hormone levels tested.
It could be nothing…
and you will get some medical help to solve your acne.
Or if you’re like me… it could be something that you’re glad you found out before it got out of hand.
I still really enjoy beauty products and I can’t wait to get back to reviewing and posting oily-skin reviews for my blog.
So… here’s what my symptoms were for any of you wondering what to look out for!
- Fatigue: Some days it was difficult to get out of bed, it almost felt like gravity became stronger around me and my limbs were hard to lift.
- Change of appetite: Nothing sounded good… and sometimes I would skip meals, and sometimes I would eat enough for 100.
- Mood Swings: usually from happy to angry over absolutely nothing.
- Severe Dizziness/Lightheadedness
- Deep Cystic acne along my jawline and on my forehead
Be happy and stay healthy! Until next time!